- How To Easily Subscribe To VC Blogs
- Global VC Blog Directory
- www.angelsoft.net – provides simple, powerful, deal-flow and portfolio management tools for accepting, tracking and collaborating on early-stage investments.
- America’s Most Promising Startups (2008) by Business Week
- Founders should personally meet candidates for the first 200 positions. “I tell people who are looking at small companies, if you’re not meeting the CEO don’t go there,”; “it starts from the people who have that vision” says Peter Bell at Highland Capital (see the source).
- Babson College was the first academic institution to hold a business plan competition for students
- Aurora Feint Inc., a Burlingame, Calif.-based social gaming platform for the iPhone, has sold a 20% equity stake to Japanese social network operator DeNA. No financial terms were disclosed (link).
- www.scvngr.com – platform to enable anyone, anywhere to develop, manage and deploy sophisticated interactive location-based mobile games, tours and experiences.
Angel investors spent fewer dollars in the first half of the year, but stretched to fund a larger number of companies, according to a report released today by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire.
The report estimates that angel investments in the first half of 2009 totaled $9.1 billion – a decrease of 27 percent over the first half of 2008. However, a total of 24,500 entrepreneurial ventures received angel funding in the period, a 6 percent increase from the same period a year ago.