- NY Tech Meetup – The first Tuesday of every month 5-7 people get 5 minutes to wow the NY tech community with their cool technology demo. The events now is regularly max out with 500 or more attendees.
- “Ten-year venture capital returns are falling and they’re not getting up anytime soon” by Russell Garland
- In approaching new investments consider the following criteria: Management, Market, Technology, Deal, Exit
- “For a company that’s capable of going public, IPOs will still pay you a higher price than a merger or acquisition” – I am not sure about that since const of IPO is pretty significant (underwriters take about 6% – 7%).
- ZeroIPO released exhaustive data [on October 27th] on third quarter venture capital and private equity activity in China.
- www.onehub.com – provider of web-based collaboration and file sharing software, has raised $1.3 million in Series A funding from seed backer Ingition Partners and individual angels. (+++)
- www.ingboo.com – online marketplace for information updates has raised $800,000 in seed funding (—)